Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#164187 - 05/06/2003 00:55 Oops, empeg crashed on the ground
rowitech
enthusiast

Loc: Germany, Cologne
This morning I lost contact between my hand and my empeg while going to my car. It has fallen down about 30cm to the ground. I don't understand how lazy I could be. But I had luck, all works, only the fascia has a little -boing- (don't know the word) on the upper left edge. The damages are more psychological. I thought I got an heartattack when my hand lost my empeg. I don't want to feel this again.

Just wanted to let you know: Be careful, it can happen everywhere you are...

Rolf (thinking about an empeg-lost-insurance or an jewel-case)

#164188 - 05/06/2003 08:04 Re: Oops, empeg crashed on the ground [Re: rowitech]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

#164189 - 05/06/2003 08:26 Re: Oops, empeg crashed on the ground [Re: rowitech]
DeadFire
addict

I had numerous heart attacks during the early months of my empeg use. I've dropped it everywhere except outside on the pavement. Each time I ran to make sure it was okay, and each time I was lucky. Considering how many times I've dropped it, I decided that my luck can't last forever.

At least one of the threads Tony linked for you mentions Pelican cases. If your thinking of getting a case, I would recommend either the 1200 or the 1400. I use the 1400 because it's good for carrying some small accessories along with the empeg. And I no longer worry about dropping it.

#164190 - 05/06/2003 09:33 Re: Oops, empeg crashed on the ground [Re: DeadFire]
rowitech
enthusiast

Loc: Germany, Cologne
I've read all Threads linked above. Our empeg seems to be unbreakable in most cases :-). But I won't try it again ;-).

Rolf

#164191 - 05/06/2003 14:37 Re: Oops, empeg crashed on the ground [Re: rowitech]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
I dropped mine once and broke the nipple. (Can't find the thread I started) Got it back from the support people and the display would still get all weird and the player would lock up randomly. On the third trip back over the pond for the problem, we struck a deal where I paid the shipping and they replaced the unit. I don't know if they ever found out what the problem was, but my situation was resolved, very much to my satisfaction.