Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#181762 - 27/09/2003 23:50 iTunes, will it work on the empeg?
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I'm waiting for the PC version of Itunes to come out, i like the idea. I'm willing to pay 99c for a single song, but only if i can download it to my empeg as a wma.

Does anyone know how iTunes works with any copy protection? Do they just give you the raw WMA file? If so, i can just add it to the empeg. But what about all that crap i heard about all the limitation you get when downloading from BuyMusic.com? Will i have to worry about it not working on the empeg? Will i have to download a few tracks only to find out that it will only play on windows media player, after i put a password in, or some crazy crap like that. I hate being treated like a criminal!

See this link:
http://www.scriptygoddess.com/archives/004057.php

Any thoughts?

#181763 - 28/09/2003 01:40 Re: iTunes, will it work on the empeg? [Re: CHiP]
drakino
carpal tunnel

iTunes uses AAC audio files with copy protection. While the empeg could play the AAC format in theory, the odds of Rio getting a license from Apple for the empeg is pretty slim.

However, you can burn the music to an audio CD, then rip it back to MP3. This will however degrade quality though.