Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#214870 - 28/04/2004 20:28 Does anyone still have their receipt?
topperge
new poster

Loc: Michigan, USA
I was recently in a car accident in my Avalanche (http://www..millennialvoice.com/goodbye-avvy/) In the accident the Empeg didn't make it. It won't even turn on. Insurance has said they will give me the money to replace it if I can find my receipt. Well the receipt is MIA and I have no proof of the purchase. Can one of you scan in your receipt and email it to me?

Thanks in advance
Matt Topper
topperge [at] msu dot. edu

#214871 - 28/04/2004 21:12 Re: Does anyone still have their receipt? [Re: topperge]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
You in E. Lansing?

Contact someone at empeg (the FAQ has the addresses). They might be able to dig up a copy of it if it was originally sold to you.

#214872 - 29/04/2004 00:51 Re: Does anyone still have their receipt? [Re: topperge]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
as much as i thoroughly disagree with that vehicle, im glad to see that youre a-ok. sucks about the empeg though, gl with that

#214873 - 29/04/2004 01:24 Re: Does anyone still have their receipt? [Re: topperge]
trs24
old hand

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Do they want the receipt to find out the price of the empeg or to prove that you had one? If they want to pay you to replace it, then probably the completed auctions on ebay would be the best estimator on what the thing is worth. I've dealt with a StateFarm agent that went off of ebay for everything I didn't have a receipt for that could no longer be purchased new.

#214874 - 29/04/2004 11:52 Re: Does anyone still have their receipt? [Re: topperge]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hang on, before you start asking about insurance for the empeg, it's possible that you can get it repaired. Stu or Mark could probably help you. It might be something really minor.

Then again, it might be a broken VFD display, which, although not minor, is still repairable.

At which point, the receipts for shipping and repair are what you'd supply the insurance company.

#214875 - 03/05/2004 00:22 Empeg Takes Flying Lessons [Re: topperge]
Gazz
journeyman

Loc: Alice Springs - Australia
Wow Man, Sorry to hear of your Sholder, and your Chev! Did the Empeg Fly out? I noticed you have (Had) the sled with that unfinished Top front Lip, I didn't notice mine till after I had spent like 20 hours pulling the dash to pieces, its in there with Glue and wood, Aint no way I was going to pull it out to send it back, but do wonder if it might cause the Empeg to Fly out one day.

Gazz.