Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#282388 - 03/06/2006 04:50 True Happiness?
Robotic
pooh-bah

Loc: Seattle transplant
So there I was this morning, cruising up the freeway on my 35 minute commute to work, tappin' my fingers to the beat and generally feelin' pretty good about things.
I looked down at the empeg...
and...
and...
and I felt a profound, deep, gleeful satisfaction. The kind of 'warm hug' sort of feeling that one really should be getting from (and trying to spread to) other humans, instead of getting it from a piece of cold, technological merchandise, you know?

I marvelled at the empeg.
It was making me happy.

Emplode says only half of the 110G is full- and I've already got close to 20,000 titles on it. My titles. And there's more on the way as I rip the rest of my CDs. Music, lectures, books, comedy... all at my fingertips... like my own little radio station.
It plays what I love to hear.
It plays what makes me feel good.

Now, before I start sounding like a nut, I would like to point out that music can affect us dramatically. I think our sense of smell might be a more potent memory conduit, but music is definitely a powerful thread in our lives.
So, really the empeg is a wonderful tool that helps us to access that thread.

Well, now I think I do sound like a nut.
I just wanted to broadcast a heart-felt Thank You to everyone in and around the empeg world.
What you've done is good.

#282389 - 04/06/2006 10:45 Re: True Happiness? [Re: Robotic]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
No, no - you're definitely Not a nut -

- you've just "Got it" at last!!!

Everyone who owns one of these things has this happen to them at some point, and the words you use match my own feelings when it hit me driving to Brussels back in 2000.

Welcome to the club....
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#282390 - 04/06/2006 14:11 Re: True Happiness? [Re: schofiel]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
For months now, longer than I can remember really, I've had my empeg playing my entire Rock super-genre playlist on random; 3000+ songs. Now that's a mix of pop, punk, folk, classic rock, hard rock, indie, etc.

The shuffle mode has an uncanny tendency to fill my commute with tracks that go well together. It's like having a good DJ in my dash.

Now if only I had time/ability to create attribute tagging/querying for no-guesswork perfect mood mixes...

#282391 - 04/06/2006 21:11 Re: True Happiness? [Re: FireFox31]
EtN
new poster

I have a series of special memories related to my Empeg experience. I've traveled across Europe when I moved to Dublin, and the Empeg was on during all of the trip bar the ferry trip (of course..). I still remember the empeg playing one of my favourite songs while I was crossing the city's border for the first time. I had to change my car after "she" was seized by Customs and Excise (long story...) and the empeg lies on my desk since then... pity really