Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#291175 - 05/12/2006 18:15 Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources?
jbrinkerhoff

I searched, and couldnt seem to come up with a difinitive answer. Is it possible to have different EQ settings for different sources and have them select automatically when the source is selected?

I.e. EQ1 for player, EQ2 for tuner, EQ3 for aux and have then switch when selecting the appropriate source?

I have been trying to think how it might be done with IR translate, or some other hack....

Any advice appreciated...
Jeff

#291176 - 05/12/2006 19:33 Re: Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources? [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
No, this is not in the feature set.

However, what most people are looking for is to just disable the automatic bass boost when in FM mode. That can be done by running Hijack and making an edit to config.ini

#291177 - 06/12/2006 13:16 Re: Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources? [Re: tfabris]
jbrinkerhoff

Ahh, yes I see that. However, I also use a Sirius receiver on the Aux from time to time, and that definitely needs its own EQ (Quality is horrible). (Generally I only use it for talk radio, but occasionally the kids want to listen to the pop channels. The compression is just horrendous...)

I suppose simply switching maually isnt that big a deal, it was just one of those things that seems like it'd be easy to "script" somehow.

Jeff

#291178 - 06/12/2006 19:01 Re: Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources? [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
If you use the remote, you could hijack the "source" button press to add the necessary IR codes to do the EQ switching, before (or probably better after) the switch to the new source.

#291179 - 07/12/2006 11:28 Re: Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources? [Re: canuckInOR]
jbrinkerhoff

Interesting idea... which brings me to a related question. I actually use the hijack button menus - popup0 has the "next source" as a selection. On my empeg, it never switches to AUX. Only toggles between radio and player. Is this by design, and can I change it?

(reading docs again)

Edit: Well, found this at least....

Items on a PopUp menu are never translated, which means they are restricted to sending a single button code at a time. While it might be useful sometimes to have a menu item send multiple button codes, this was not possible to implement in any reasonable fashion inside Hijack, so it ain't there.

So I guess cant do it with the popup menus... Darn! Have to get some batteries for the remote.... :-)

Edited by jbrinkerhoff (07/12/2006 11:32)

#291180 - 07/12/2006 12:48 Re: Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources? [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Interesting idea... which brings me to a related question. I actually use the hijack button menus - popup0 has the "next source" as a selection. On my empeg, it never switches to AUX. Only toggles between radio and player. Is this by design, and can I change it?

In your player's config.ini file:Code:

[hijack]
nextsrc_aux_enabled=1

#291181 - 07/12/2006 12:57 Re: Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources? [Re: mlord]
jbrinkerhoff

Thanks Mark!

Let me reiterate what many others have said:

You guys have already thought of everything... :-)

People (even non techies) are STILL very impressed by my empeg, even what, 6 years after its build and about what, 8? after its creation? Even my son's ipod-toting 12 year old friends think its about the cooolest thing ever. Just makes me wonder, with today's additional tech what a "mark III" would be like

#291182 - 07/12/2006 15:30 Re: Searched, cant find... Different EQ for different sources? [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
I actually use the hijack button menus - popup0 has the "next source" as a selection. On my empeg, it never switches to AUX.

Sorry about that. That was my feature suggestion (if I recall correctly) for Hijack a while back. Helps people cycle more easily between Radio/MP3 when they don't have anything on Aux. I'm glad Mark made it a config.ini option.