Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#1171 - 10/01/2000 09:03 face plate
Qbus
new poster

will any of the new empegs have a removeable face plate?

#1172 - 10/01/2000 11:35 Re: face plate [Re: Qbus]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
will any of the new empegs have a removeable face plate?

Your question is ambiguous. You could be asking one of two possible questions. I will answer them both, just to make sure.

1) Will the new Empegs be able to change the color of the display by replacing the face?

The answer is, yes, of course. The information they've released so far indicates that the face will be identical to the current units except for the addition of the rotary knob.

2) Will the Empegs have "removable-faceplate security" like the current crop of car CD players?

The answer is no. For the same reasons.

Removable-faceplate security is a sore spot with me. I had a CD player with a removable face, I removed the face, and it got stolen anyway. My Empeg is a replacement for this stolen unit.

As far as I'm concerned, removable-faceplate security is no security at all. If you don't want your stereo stolen, take it out of the car completely.

Besides, if you could only remove the faceplate, it would make it hard to take the unit inside to squirt new tunes into it.