Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#2101 - 26/03/2000 18:56 CHiP's New Movie
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
First, I want to send out a HUGE "Thank You!" to CHiP for taking the time out to do this video. It's VERY well done and it looks like he took quite a bit of time to do it. Oh, and thanks to the camera man, too! CHiP couldn't have done it without you... whoever you are.

Now, I was in absolute amazement after I downloaded the movie. I've been following the Empeg's development since it was first announced on some website I was browsing. This movie shows so much of the capability of the Empeg that I didnt' realize it could do. I was beginning to get the impression that is was a "plain vanilla" display while playing music. Boy, was I wrong! To anyone considering downloading the movie... DO IT! I downloaded the big one (sorry... DSL) and the clarity of the visuals and sound was extremely clear.

Thanks again, CHiP... and kudos to the camera man. I hope you get some commission from that thing. It's definitely some good PR for these folks!

See ya!

George

#2102 - 26/03/2000 22:43 Re: CHiP's New Movie [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
MRHJr
journeyman

Loc: CA
"Ditto"!

Rob,
You do realize Steve's movie will prompt a virtual FLOOD of questions regarding release dates?!

BTW noticed a short blurb in latest issue of PC magazine.

Mk2 #105 60g

#2103 - 27/03/2000 02:59 Re: CHiP's New Movie [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
This is an excellent video, which certainly shows off some of the empeg features that have to be seen to be appreciated. Thanks CHiP, great job!

I'd just like to point out (and this is not intended to be derogatory in any way) that the dot crawl of the darker pixel shades is an artifact of the video and is not visible on the actual player (unless you shake your head about a lot!).

Rob

#2104 - 27/03/2000 20:06 Re: CHiP's New Movie [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
CHiP you are the man!

:) That is quite well done.. now if and when the FAQ comes together, and CHiP does a video version of the faq, then it could be one piece of advertising that empeg should lay down money for!

Calvin

#2105 - 27/03/2000 22:08 Re: CHiP's New Movie [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
George,

Thankyou very much. I spent a little time on it. ;-)

My friend Scott and I have been producing videos for about 10 years, we shoot skits, and short movies, do webcasting, etc. We edit all in house, and have all our own equipment.

If empeg wants, of if there is enough feedback on this one, i'd be happy to make another one, and maybe interview people on the street about the empeg ( an idea i had for a while).

I can see it now, "So sir, how would you like to have 2,000 songs at the touch of a button?" I love the look on people's faces when they first see this thing. It's worth a try!

Any ideas? From fokes here, or from empeg. Maybe a mix of FAQ's, Visuals, and public opinion, with a little comedy. ... hey, this is the web, we can do anything!

-CHiP

#2106 - 28/03/2000 00:20 Re: CHiP's New Movie [Re: CHiP]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Ha, like that Quest commercial? "We have every song, by every artist, ever recorded" Haha.

I agree, that video was FANTASTIC! I have really been having difficulty visualizing what the interface was like. I didn't understand how the menus worked, and it really helped.

#2107 - 28/03/2000 05:15 The location of CHiP's Empeg Movie [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Since the web address of CHiP's Empeg Movie is buried at the bottom of another thread, and it hasn't yet been repeated in this thread, I thought it would be appropriate to do so now. CHiP's Empeg movie can be found here:

http://steve.nac.net/empeg

Hats off to the gentlemen who made this movie, it's very high quality and shows the unit's capabilities and visuals quite well.

For those who are planning on buying an Empeg, keep in mind that this movie shows a Mark1 Empeg, which is slightly less advanced than the Mark2 unit that you'd be buying. The Mark2 unit will feature a different face that includes a rotary knob control, and will also feature voice recognition.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144