Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#8133 - 18/05/2000 08:51 upcoming sightings of the Mk.II
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Will EMPEG have a Mk.II at the MP3 Summit in June? I'm looking forward to seeing my new toy.

Also, now that folks have done the registration confirmations, do you have any updates on ship dates? Clearly, I'll have my Mk.II by the end of the summer, but it would be awfully nice to have it sooner (I have a number of road trips coming up and right now I've only got a tape deck...).

FYI, for anybody else going to the MP3 Summit, I'll be there talking about the security of my.mp3.com and similar "beaming" services.

Dan

#8134 - 18/05/2000 09:04 Re: upcoming sightings of the Mk.II [Re: DWallach]
Kureg

I won't be there. If they do have the Mk II there, be sure to fill us in on all the details! See if you can get some pictures that you can post too hehe

#8135 - 18/05/2000 09:38 Re: upcoming sightings of the Mk.II [Re: DWallach]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'll be there talking about the security of my.mp3.com and similar "beaming" services.

Interesting. Will you be discussing the technical side or the legal side? (Or both?) Have you seen some of the discussions on the BBS we've had about that sort of thing? Here and here are a couple of links.

Tony Fabris (http://www.jps.net/tfabris)
Empeg #144

#8136 - 18/05/2000 11:44 Re: upcoming sightings of the Mk.II [Re: DWallach]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Yes, we'll be there with the empeg mk2. We've got a booth and I'm just organising flights... I have to leave slightly early on the second day though as I have to get into Glastonbury festival (http://www.glastonbury-festival.co.uk/) to pitch my tent while there's still a square foot of field left ;) Steve's staying until the end, though!

Hugo

#8137 - 23/05/2000 14:13 Re: upcoming sightings of the Mk.II [Re: tfabris]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

I'll be talking exclusively about the technical aspects of "beaming" and other kinds of security technologies. I'm a CS guy, not a lawyer.

As to taking some pictures, that's a good idea. I'll see what I can do. I suspect EMPEG will have their new Web site up by then, anyway, which will hopefully have its own pictures...

Dan