Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#9170 - 08/06/2000 09:09 New Empeg Owner, Installation Q's
Steve3kgt
new poster

Hey,
I'm the new owner of the never used 4GB empeg that was sold on Ebay a while back. I've already uploaded my entire MP3 collection to the unit, it's quite impressive! I'm in the process of installing the unit into my 1992 3000GT SL. Anyway, I am heading over to a local audio installation store to get a line ouput converter so my cars factory head units wiring harness will be converted to RCA's. Had a question about the red and orange wires though...I know the red is power, but what about the orange wire? Also do I need to supply power to both the red wire comming off the empeg case and the antenna amplifier?

Thanks,
--Steve

#9171 - 08/06/2000 09:14 Re: New Empeg Owner, Installation Q's [Re: Steve3kgt]
ppslim
journeyman

Loc: N Wales, UK
The orange wire can be used as a remote for an amp that suports it, also it can be used to power the antena amplifier, it does explain that in the small (thank god for the new PDF) installation / usage guide you get with the MK1 empeg.

Proud owner of #161
Proud owner of #161

#9172 - 08/06/2000 10:28 Re: New Empeg Owner, Installation Q's [Re: Steve3kgt]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
If you don't have a user guide I strongly advise emailing me ([email protected]) and asking for the PDF version of the Mark 1 guide BEFORE you install your player. If you don't follow the simple instructions, particularly concerning grounding leads, you could end up with poor audio quality.

Note that the Mark 2 doesn't use grounding leads, so the new guide on the web site doesn't give all the information you need.

Rob

#9173 - 08/06/2000 11:22 Re: New Empeg Owner, Installation Q's [Re: rob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Not to mention that the wire color-coding has changed from the mark 1 to the mark 2, and you'll mis-wire stuff if you use the Mark 2 guide to install the Mark 1.