Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#16966 - 06/09/2000 15:14 That pesky emplode lockup
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
Well, I have been able to get emplode to recover from the lockup and return an error message that says "Error in Stage 5" I also discovered a peculiar thing as well. When I tried to upload Ozzy Osbourne "No More Tears" CD, all but the title track would upload. While uploading that track it would lockup then recover and skip the track. I attempted to upload the same track ripped from a different CD "The Ozzman Cometh" and it worked flawlessly.
Also, is there a plan for enhancement in emplode that would report errors in uploading tracks telling you it skipped track X? When the upload was done on the first try ("No More Tears" CD), it gave no indication of an error, I only knew by patiently sitting there and waiting for it to recover and finish then checking for the tracks...

Dave Clark Austin, Texas, USA
#7901 12g amber rocking a 98 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4

#16967 - 06/09/2000 18:58 Re: That pesky emplode lockup [Re: davec]
ClownBurner

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
Might this not be due to the ID3 tag bug? Try taking the original clip and trimming the ID3 tag off it, and see if it uploads... I think it's something to do with the database building on the empeg, not the actual transfer itself...

#16968 - 07/09/2000 00:53 Re: That pesky emplode lockup [Re: ClownBurner]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Probably the best place to discuss this is also the bug reports forum :)

Hugo
(wearing a pedantic hat ;) )

#16969 - 07/09/2000 01:58 Re: That pesky emplode lockup [Re: altman]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Probably the best place to discuss this is also the bug reports forum

Hey, wait a minute. I thought I was the topic police.