Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19242 - 02/10/2000 13:30 Intermittent remote problems
trevorp

Loc: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Just a quick question. Recently (twice in the last three days) my remote hasn't worked. The first time was when my wife was trying to change the volume in my truck. After lecturing her about pointing the remote "in the general direction of the device you're trying to control," I took it away from her and proved her wrong by pressing the volume down button. Nothing happened. Everything worked fine from the buttons on the empeg, but the remote did nothing.

I went back out about half an hour later, and everything worked fine.

Yesterday, the exact same thing happened. I'm not sure if it's the remote, or the empeg (I'll assume it's the <$20 remote thank you.) I finally recharged my Palm V (long story why it's not charged involving moving offices and forgetting to plug charger in) so if it happens again, I'll see if OnmiRemote will control the empeg, and see if it (OmniRemote) receives any signal from the remote when it's not working.

Hmm, I started this of with "Just a quick question," guess I'd better ask it: Has anyone else had a problem like this?

As an aside (actually to avoid a Dope Slap): In a poll, tfabris said: No, I'm a lazy slob who doesn't care about anyone but myself, and I'd rather have somebody sue Empeg and put them out of business, just so I don't have to press one lousy little button.

I don't suppose this could be seen as weighting the questions a bit, eh?

-Trevor

-----
Mk 2, Green 12GB 080000349

-----
Mk 2, Green 12GB, Tuner, 2.0b11, 080000349

#19243 - 03/10/2000 08:59 Re: Intermittent remote problems [Re: trevorp]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
Course not. How dare you suggest Tony weights his questions .

Personally the remote works ok for me so far. But then My empeg is 5 days old so. I have to ask the dorky question though, are you sure the battery on the remote isn't gone or making a bad connection inside the remote ? I know these things don't like heat either, perhaps it had been sunbathing in your truck before ?

As a side note, OmniRemote looks nice, anybody know of a similar piece of software for Windows CE devices i.e. my iPAQ ?

Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431

#19244 - 03/10/2000 09:17 Re: Intermittent remote problems [Re: trevorp]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
No chance that the front plate of the player was bathed in sunlight? This is the one that usually causes me problems - solution, shade the panel and try again.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015