Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#24078 - 30/12/2000 15:05 CD Catalogueing software
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
People,

I've been using DiscPlay happily for many a year now, but it's no longer being developed. And, though it plays CDs fine and its CD catalogue is good, it doesn't allow me to do several key things. Though it records who owns a CD I insert (thus allowing me to keep my collection separate from my partner's), it doesn't make this distinction when outputting the catalogue to, say, a HTML file. And though you can search for things (e.g. all tracks by "Severed Heads") you can't use this search for anything more than reading the album contents one at a time.

What I want is a piece of CD player / catalogueing software that:

* doesn't take over my music playing system like MusicMatch tried to do last time I installed it.
* keeps my CD collection separate from other people's that I play on the same machine (i.e. it has to identify who owns that CD).
* outputs its collection as, among other things, a customisable HTML document so I can put my CD collection on my home page.
* is nice, neat, friendly and configurable.

Can you tell me what software you use to do this, and what your experience of it has been?

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#24079 - 31/12/2000 04:44 Re: CD Catalogueing software [Re: PaulWay]
debauch
enthusiast

Loc: West Midlands, England

I'll second all those as requirements. I'll add MP3 cataloging (by ID3v2, failing to ID3v1), indexing, searching and WinAmp playing/enqueuing too.

Nick.

--
18Gb blue - s/n 080000299 (original queue position 8724)