Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#24693 - 13/01/2001 02:00 Another BBS bug???
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Has anybody else had this problem? For the last week or so, all of the posts that I have made to this BBS appear to have had all of their returns removed. Everything just turns into one block of text. This has been happening under I.E. on Mac OS X and Netscape on FreeBSD. It is bad enough that I can't spell, now it looks like I can't press enter either. -Mike

#24694 - 13/01/2001 02:12 Re: Another BBS bug??? [Re: mcomb]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
It is bad enough that I can't spell, now it looks like I can't press enter either.

ROFL

No, that seems to work OK for me. It seems that this BBS has chosen different punishments for different people.

Borislav

#24695 - 14/01/2001 03:48 Re: Another BBS bug??? [Re: borislav]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Arghhh, if you view the source for this page you will see that HTML breaks have been inserted in the appropriate spots for borislav's message to retain it's formating. My posts on the other hand have the returns in the raw HTML, but they where not replaced with break tags. Do I have to start writing all of my posts in html??? OK, here is a test, after the end of this sentence I am going to press return five times. OK, is there any breaks there? Now I am going to insert a couple of HTML break tags before signing this message, which should push my name down a couple of lines, very frustrating.

-Mike

#24696 - 14/01/2001 03:50 Re: Another BBS bug??? [Re: mcomb]
mcomb
pooh-bah

OK, looks like the BBS is not playing nicely with some types of line feeds. IIRC, windows uses both a caraige return and a line feed. Unix uses one of the two, and MacOS uses the other one. Is it possible the the BBS is no longer set to deal with all three types? -Mike