Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#31439 - 23/05/2001 02:35 Transfer timeouts
Andrew
journeyman

I'm new hear so please bear with me if this is a silly question.

Basically, when trying a large transfer from the Empeg (like using Display Server to give me a full tar backup), the Empeg suddely stops after a (seemingly) random time. I have got it to transfer between 2 and 4 gig but it always stops prematurely. I've got 7 gig free on the drive that I am saving the image onto btw so it isn't disk space. Any advice?

Cheers,
Andy

6GB MKII Blue
26GB MKII Blue #090000727

#31440 - 23/05/2001 02:43 Re: Transfer timeouts [Re: Andrew]
fvgestel
old hand

Loc: Netherlands
the displayserver backup tar isn't working. Displayserver has a bug which will terminate the program if a certain number of files have been opened. Version 2.0 will have it solved. In the meantime, you could use the standalone backup utility icw an exported CSV-file. It still hangs after time, but you can edit the CSV file and restart the backup to get the remaining entries...

Frank van Gestel

#31441 - 23/05/2001 04:08 Re: Transfer timeouts [Re: fvgestel]
Andrew
journeyman

Wow, a reply from the author!! And in no time at all! This bb is fantastic!

Thanks for the tip Frank. I did actually try the standalone backup prog but on loading the csv file, it gave me an error (can't remember it off the top of my head). I will try again tonight, maybe by splitting the csv file into more manageable chunks. Winzip doesn't like 2GB+ archives anyway!

Do you have a release date for Version 2? I have to admit, it's a great program!

Cheers,
Andy

6GB MKII Blue
26GB MKII Blue #090000727

#31442 - 23/05/2001 15:55 Re: Transfer timeouts [Re: Andrew]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Wow, a reply from the author!! And in no time at all! This bb is fantastic!

Yes, isn't it? All manner of people drop in here, Empeg personnel, Sonic Blue folk, software authors, God and his Son...
The list is endless..

Murray 06000047
I don't think, therefore I am not.