Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#34993 - 25/07/2001 07:05 preview of my new website available
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

Just wanted to let you know that my new web page is available for preview under http://www-new.incase.de/. The main pages are in german, but the empeg pages are completely in english. I tried to collect quite some info about tweaking and/or programming the empeg from this BBS, the developer site and the published kernel sources of release 1.03. The pages will be updated more or less regularly during the next weeks, as I'm actively developing a few tools for the empeg now.
I would really like some feedback on the contents of my pages, because I'm not sure that all information is up to date in each case. Especially feedback from the guys@empeg would be highly appreciated.
If you have any additions, corrections or would like me to credit you or link to your page (or even someone elses page), please contact me via [email protected]?subject=New Website[email protected].

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, #080000113)

PS: Please don't link to the above page yet, the URL will change when I fully release the pages. I will announce that here, too. Also, I will try and translate the whole site to be available in both english and german. If any volunteer would like to translate the site or even single pages thereof to another language (and maintain it), I would be happy to include those, too.

Edited by smu on 25/07/01 03:08 PM.

#34994 - 25/07/2001 10:19 Re: preview of my new website available [Re: smu]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
Cool.

An idea (just an idea since most of you here already know most of my ideas are stoopid) but I have seen some other people advertise links to personal pages and empeg resources. Maybe a webring for empeg sites ?

Hans

Mk2 - Blue & Red - 080000431

#34995 - 25/07/2001 11:01 Re: preview of my new website available [Re: EngelenH]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hmm. Interesting idea.

#34996 - 25/07/2001 12:07 Re: preview of my new website available [Re: EngelenH]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi Hans.

Not a bad idea. I just have no idea where to initialize one. I am really willing to maintain my link page on a daily basis and I would also be willing to provide an automatically created database file (TAB separated) with Page-Title, URL and Checking status (available, unavailable for less than a week, unavailable for more than a week). But an automatically maintained webring would sure be much nicer. However, I don't want to put any ads on my page, so most (free) webring providers will surely be out of question for me.
What I could provide however is a webserver with MySQL database and custom CGIs as well as PHP4. So if anyone has the scripts needed to build your own webring, I could host them.

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, #080000113)