Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#39028 - 22/09/2001 07:02 Empload 1.02 + empeg 1.03 = lost tunes
Jeff
new poster

Loc: NY, USA
So I made the mistake of using Empload 1.02 with my Empeg running 1.03.

I noticed the problem in the middle of sorting and uploading some new tunes. During this time, I noticed if I erased a bunch of tunes from a playlist, then added the same files ( new tags ) back, then did the sync - that the files would show up in unattached items.

At any rate, once I upgraded, I saw that some ( but not all ) of the tunes I uploaded were not on the player.

For example, One of my top playlists is 80's. At one point I removed, then readded the 80's list ( which contains a number of sub-lists ). This worked fine. But I also added 2 or 3 sub-lists which were 1 level deep. After the upgrade those lists were gone. I assume the tunes are still on the player, as it took some time to upload them. But now I wonder if I have a big pile of orphan files with no database entries or if the empeg erased them from the player.

Any insight on what happens when you use the wrong version of empload?

#39029 - 23/09/2001 05:20 Re: Empload 1.02 + empeg 1.03 = lost tunes [Re: Jeff]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
That's emplode. And point releases shouldn't have any major problems like this. emplode v1.0x can sometimes be a bit odd in the area of unattached items. emplode v2.0 should be a lot better.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg