Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#41255 - 10/10/2001 13:35 Ordering problems
TheAmigo
enthusiast

Anyone else have problems like this:

I placed an order on the web from home where I can't access my email on Saturday 9/29. On Monday, I had two emails: one from [email protected] "SONICblue Order Confirmation" with all the details (Order#, cust#, prices, etc) and another email from [email protected] that seemed a bit suspect to me. Not hearing anything from SonicBlue saying that I should send email to some other domain name, I didn't want to reply to the message from Digital River. Not to mention that they said reply in 24 hours or your order may be canceled and it had already been 48 (since the web page didn't say I'd have to check my email in 24 hours).

I wrote to Sonic Blue's customer service and awaited a reply. In the meantime, I got an email from [email protected] "Order status" that states "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed." and goes on to include my shipping address, cust#, order#, etc. Then I finally get a reply from customer service saying that it's odd that I got two emails (one from SonicBlue and one from DigitalRiver), but Digital River handles their E-Store orders so it's a legit request. I then replied to the Digital River email, but never heard back.

I called Sonic Blue's customer service and they have no record of my customer #, my order #, my name or email address. I asked if I could place an order over the phone and he said that I wouldn't get the discounted price that's available on the web. I expressed my frustration with ordering online and he said he'd see what he could do. I gave him my credit card number, address and told him what I wanted to order.

That was Monday (10/8) and I haven't heard back (email or phone) since then.

Is it really possible to order an empeg? Do they really exist?

--The Amigo

#41256 - 10/10/2001 17:46 Re: Ordering problems [Re: TheAmigo]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
you are not the only one to have problems with the on-line ordering there are many stories on this bbs about problems people have had

don't give up it will be worth all the trouble when you get your empeg (or whatever they decide to send you :-) )

32Gig MK2 In 2001 VW Golf TDI

Matt

#41257 - 10/10/2001 22:41 Re: Ordering problems [Re: TheAmigo]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Digital River provide fulfilment for the US eStore.

It's pretty easy to get an empeg if you don't live in the USA, and you have to appreciate the irony of that.

Rob

#41258 - 11/10/2001 14:09 Re: Ordering problems [Re: TheAmigo]
bmihulka
enthusiast

Loc: Lincoln, NE
I got the exact same email, and the next day Digital River called me to verify my order and address. And it just so happens that my package is waiting at fedex for me right now.

Brian

-See my empeg here-

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-