Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#43948 - 27/10/2001 21:55 Finishing up the FAQ
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm trying to put the finishing touches on the FAQ at riocar.org. Does anyone see anything left out of that FAQ before I start deleting entries from the FAQ here at the BBS?

Things to keep in mind:

- The disk drive replacement FAQ is due for a rewrite. This will happen before I smoke the local one here.

- The local FAQ section will probably remain, but with a redirection message pointing to riocar.org. I'll just delete items, not the whole forum.

- I do not want to put in any FAQ entries that will be made obsolete in the next software revision. For example, bug lists do not belong in the FAQ.

- Certain developer-specific items are deliberately left out of the FAQ. For instance, the FAQ does not give instructions on how to compile your own kernels. If you think of an item that belongs in the Developer Info section at Riocar.org, let Drakino know.

- Remember the definition of the term "FAQ". It's not a complete knowledge base, just the Frequently Asked Questions.

With that said, am I missing anything critical?

#43949 - 28/10/2001 03:31 Re: Finishing up the FAQ [Re: tfabris]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Wendy filters for those of us that only read realease notes when forced to at gun point by Rob

Searching for tracks with the above still applying

Makeing the ethernet connection dockable ( i could supply pics for this of my nice TIG welded solution )

they seem to be common or what i can think of

#43950 - 28/10/2001 11:33 Re: Finishing up the FAQ [Re: thinfourth2]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Wendy filters is a good suggestion, I'll put that in.

There is already an entry on docked ethernet, including pictures.

#43951 - 28/10/2001 12:56 Re: Finishing up the FAQ [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Okay, Wendy Filters is done. Did I make it clear enough?

#43952 - 28/10/2001 15:55 Re: Finishing up the FAQ [Re: tfabris]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Sweet! Now i get it... you explained it very well Tony. Thanks for all your work, the new FAQ is excellent. The only improvement i could think of would be a search function, but other than that, great stuff.