Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#56363 - 08/01/2002 07:14 Direct Search Buttons - I must be a dope..
traintrax
new poster

I can't seem to get the direct search butons, on the remote, to work. I can press the search button 3 time to do a title search but when I just press the title button nothing happens. I must have been seeping during class that day. What am I missing?

- Neil

#56364 - 08/01/2002 07:26 Re: Direct Search Buttons - I must be a dope.. [Re: traintrax]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Er, the fact that those buttons aren't supposed to do that yet?

#56365 - 08/01/2002 16:10 Re: Direct Search Buttons - I must be a dope.. [Re: traintrax]
hoagy

Loc: Silicon Valley
Pressing the Artist button brings any matching artist further in the playing playlist forward to play next. So you're listening to all your songs in random mode.. Radiohead comes on and you want to hear another Radiohead tune, so you hit the Artist button on the remote and the Empeg searches the remaining songs in the playlist and brings the first Radiohead tune forward to play next.

Very cool feature.
-Hoagy.

#56366 - 08/01/2002 16:46 Re: Direct Search Buttons - I must be a dope.. [Re: hoagy]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
OK. To clarify:

The Artist/Source/etc. buttons work in normal operation (i.e. when listening to music) by looking for another track from later in the playlist with a matching artist/source/etc. It only inserts one track. Keep pressing it to queue up more.

In v2.0, if you press-and-hold the button, this has the opposite effect -- it's the "hate artist" feature. It'll remove (or at least swap to the end, I don't recall) those items matching the current artist or whatever.

The title button does nothing in this situation -- there's no code in there to support it. We were talking about doing fuzzy matching on the rest of the playlist, but this feature is not likely to make it into v2.0

Right, on to searching:

You can toggle through the various search screens by repeatedly pressing the search button.

We did talk about having a two-press scenario (you've called it direct search), where you'd press the search button, then one of the artist/whatever buttons to jump to that screen.

We haven't implemented it yet.

#56367 - 08/01/2002 20:33 Re: Direct Search Buttons - I must be a dope.. [Re: Roger]
traintrax
new poster

I guess Sonic Blue jumped the gun because the Rio Car manual say those buttons are used to "search for a particular critereon"...

#56368 - 08/01/2002 21:12 Re: Direct Search Buttons - I must be a dope.. [Re: traintrax]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
because the Rio Car manual say those buttons are used to "search for a particular critereon"...

Well, they do, sort of. Read this and this.