Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57336 - 10/01/2002 01:55 Absolute hell
TommmyD
stranger

I've been having nothing but problems with my new MKII. When I first had the USB stuff working, the Emplode software always crashed if I tried to drag over 100 songs into it.

So, I tried to upgrade the firmware to the 2.00 beta 7 so I could use the new emplode. Well, I tried it, and every time I get the pumping part I get the 0x20 error message saying bad pump select. I followed all of the directions and I read the previous posts. After that error happened for the first time, the Empeg now hangs when it boots up with the screen Rio, Digital Audio. I can't upload songs or anything. I looked for previous posts on this but they had different problems and the solutions didn't work.

I'm uisng Win2k and I have one 20gb drive installed. Has anyone seen this before? I also get the hard disk error message saying to contact technical support every once in a while. Thanks in advance.

Tom

#57337 - 10/01/2002 03:07 Re: Absolute hell [Re: TommmyD]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
Concact [email protected] - you've got a faulty drive cable.

#57338 - 10/01/2002 11:35 Re: Absolute hell [Re: David]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Thanks David, I have updated the FAQ entry on the "bad pump" error to include information about the disk drive cable.

#57339 - 10/01/2002 11:40 Re: Absolute hell [Re: David]
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
I rembember getting this after adding a drive to the empeg. After some trial and error, I discovered that the drive cable would repeatedly come loose while reattaching the drive sled. After re-doing it about ten times, I was able to get the drive sled back on without yanking the cable loose. Problem solved.

If you haven't been mucking around in your empeg, it's probably as David said, a bad drive cable ... or the hotglue could have come unglued and the cable is flopping around or slightly loose.

Greg

#57340 - 11/01/2002 01:09 Re: Absolute hell [Re: David]
TommmyD
stranger

Thanks for the help. That must have been it. I called SonicBlue and got an RMA number. Luckily I had a backup that works great (even with DHCP surprisingly). I get about double the transfer rate over USB. This thing is absolutely amazing. Thanks again.

Tom