Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#64199 - 29/01/2002 00:41 Seperate EQ settings for Tuner / MP3
Elite M3

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
I have the Mk2a and the external tuner, and I have the problem of my radio being MUCH louder and Exponentially BASSier than in MP3 mode. I was wondering if there was a way to set the EQ to different settings based on which mode you are in? How about a simple volume setting? When I switch to Tuner after listening to Mp3's I am frightened by the Volume and Bass. The speakers that normally don't have bass are thunderous and to the point of cracking.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Jason Sarich

#64200 - 29/01/2002 01:06 Re: Seperate EQ settings for Tuner / MP3 [Re: Elite M3]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Although a separate EQ for the tuner would be fun, it's not the right tool to solve your problems.

First, the extra bass in the tuner is a specific "bass-boost on tuner" feature that they added. I think most everyone on the BBS would like to see that one be user-configurable. (On my system, I think the bass boost works perfectly on AM bands but should be disabled on FM bands.)

The relative volume offset of the AM and FM bands should (I think) be configurable. I, too, get volume offset problems when switching between AM, FM, and MP3.