Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#71012 - 13/02/2002 14:51 Sled connector - removing pins?
Decca
new poster

Loc: UK
Does anyone know how to non-destructively remove the wires/pins from the rear of the sled connector?

I don't use the mic and line in connectors, and would like to remove them from the connector for the time being. I have studied the pins, wiggled them, prodded them, poked about with watchmakers screwdrivers, etc., but cannot determine how to remove them.

#71013 - 13/02/2002 15:18 Re: Sled connector - removing pins? [Re: Decca]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Read here

a simple search on "remove pins" turned that up in 5 seconds. Make sure you try and find info before asking, as the traffic on this board is overwhelming as it is. =]

#71014 - 13/02/2002 15:52 Re: Sled connector - removing pins? [Re: loren]
Alan

Loc: Cedar Grove , IN
After you get to 888 post you'll learn that.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, the worst thing that can happen is somebody who has probably asked 500 to 1000 questions will tell you to check the FAQ or search the board.

I've had to read thru 888 of your post, cut the new users some slack

AL

Edited by Alan (13/02/2002 16:01)

#71015 - 13/02/2002 16:10 Re: Sled connector - removing pins? [Re: Alan]
Decca
new poster

Loc: UK
Yeah - thanks Al.

I did read the FAQ and I did a search on "pins removal" and got one hit.

#71016 - 13/02/2002 16:19 Re: Sled connector - removing pins? [Re: Alan]
loren
carpal tunnel

*sigh* i seem to be coming off as an ass today. Just worn down by reading the same stuff over and over, but ya know, i shouldn't talk, cause i just did the same thing on the Digital Audio Center board... even after i'd checked for it. Apologies new people. I swear i'm nice! heheh.

#71017 - 13/02/2002 16:27 Re: Sled connector - removing pins? [Re: loren]
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
The search function on the BBS searches for the exact string that you put in the search box. This makes it tough for new people to find the information they are looking for. I know this was discussed in another thread somewhere so maybe they are working on a "smart search" or something to that effect.

Anyway, it's not always that easy to find threads just by using the search. Maybe someday it will be though...

#71018 - 13/02/2002 16:29 Re: Sled connector - removing pins? [Re: dmob]
loren
carpal tunnel

The search function now defaults to "and" searches instead of "Entire Phrase" as it used to. I think it was fixed by Paul a few days ago. So that should help out new people a bit.

#71019 - 13/02/2002 19:38 Re: Sled connector - removing pins? [Re: loren]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
If anyone complains, send them my way. Seeing as someone's already trying to bill be as an American-hater, I might as well take on the extra burden of FAQ-offer.

I'm sure Paul could cut down on the DB if he axed the searching capabilities of the BBS. If someone doesn't have the sense to try searching for something other than the plural of "pin" then I don't know if I trust them with the ability to touch those pins in the first place.

Damn, my little brother came to me yesterday asking me about some of the wires on the connector. He wanted to remove some of them. I said go for it. It took him about 5 seconds to figure out how to remove the pins safely. On both the dock connector as well as the ISO and tuner connectors.

And Al... You just proved Loren's point. People asking the same simple question over and over is also going to impact other new users with important questions and concerns. No one wants that to happen.

Bruno