Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#108929 - 02/08/2002 03:39 first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help
RioWoman
new poster

Hi All,

My brother in the states bought me a Rio (empeg) system because he knows that I love mp3 specialy while driving.

My brother helped me to set it up and installed the new software (beta13 and the latest Hijack .291) . I love the visuals to death. but I cant force it to go to visual mode when I start my car. I have to do that everytime after restarting or rebooring, it keeps going to the INFO mode with no visuals. I need it to be in the visual and transient mode but its not working. "Restore car/DC visuals" are set to enabled. I even tried to use notify=1 but it didnt help. I know that this is an old subject but Im just wondering how is it working with you guys !!!!!!!!

Now Im just wondering what are the steps that I have to do to make it go to visuals directly. Maybe I'm missing something. Do I have to add any lines to config.ini ?.... Please help me If you can. I dont have any lines in my configs which starts with ;@home, ;@work, ;@AC, ;@DC........

I read all FAQ in riocar.org and I know what I'm doing (hopefully)

Every time I connect my empeg to my AC (home)...it goes to visuals directly (with info set to transient) which is cool. but Its not working in the car this way.

My empeg is MK2.

Please help me

I work as a system engineer in spain.

Regards,
Lina Ramhi

#108930 - 02/08/2002 04:12 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: RioWoman]
Dava

Loc: Bucks UK
Welcome Lina.

I find that restore Visuals works OK so there must be a difference in your settings. If notify=1 is working properly you will see the FID in the vital signs screen of Hijack. Please check.

You can add the following to your config.ini to do the same thing if the FID shows but Restore DC visuals doesn't.

[ir_translate]
initial.C=bottom.L,null

#108931 - 02/08/2002 05:02 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: Dava]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
It doesn't work correctly for me either, but I get some odd effects. Sometimes it goes to Now&next but usually it just comes up with Track.

I have tried to force mine to go to Transient on startup (in fact if I hold down the bottom button it does exactly that) by selecting modes and then re-enabling Visuals Restore, then rebooting.

I have tried doing it by cycling info modes using the remote, or by directly selecting them from the front panel.

Any extra info or hints on this will be very useful.
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

#108932 - 02/08/2002 08:09 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: RioWoman]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Don't the the [ir_translate] trick, you shouldn't need that.

Try this instead....

Make sure that the following is in your config.ini:

[output]
notify=1
[serial]
car_rate=115200

Then enable the DC/Car restore in Hijack.

In another thread unrelated to DC/Car restore, there was a hint that there might be a problem with notify=1 when the car_rate was at its default speed. So try putting it to 115200 and see if that fixes it.

I'm very interested in knowing if this takes care of the problem for everyone.

#108933 - 02/08/2002 17:06 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: tfabris]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Another useful thing whenever setting notify=1 is to add this:

[hijack]
suppress_notify=1

This keeps the notify output from chewing up too much interrupt time spewing out the serial port when nobody cares about it.

cheers

#108934 - 02/08/2002 21:43 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: tfabris]
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
[output]
notify=1
[serial]
car_rate=115200

Well, I added theses lines to my config.ini and it seems to fix the problem for me. Thanks, Tony, and I guess you can now add this to the FAQ?

#108935 - 02/08/2002 23:16 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: russmeister]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The hijack section of the FAQ is Loren's monkey. I'll let him cover that.

#108936 - 03/08/2002 12:57 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: tfabris]
RioWoman
new poster

Guys...I'm very happy with the result...its really working for me. All my kisses for you Toni, mlord, and Russmeister. thanks to the frog man who tried to help too.

I think we should add it to the FAQ pages.

Regards,
Lina

#108937 - 05/08/2002 01:27 Re: first Woman to use Rio in Spain needs help [Re: RioWoman]
Mario
stranger

Loc: Ireland
Hallo Lina,

de donde eres? yo tambien soy espaņol :-), de Bilbao, vivo en Irlanda desde hace dos aņos y medio. Tengo un empeg 2 desde hace 6 meses y un 10GB iPod desde hace 2 meses. Este forum es super bueno y lo leo siempre de vez en cuando. La verdad es que ha sido una sorpresa ver que otro/a espanol/a con un empeg ;-) (seguro que hay algun que otro mas por ahi)

Saludos desde Irlanda
Mario