Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#119304 - 03/10/2002 16:23 search/insert/replace/append/enqueue
nikko

Ok, I read the FAQ naturally, but I don't understand quite how to use the insert/replace/append/enqueue. Can I use my remote for these functions? And how does the search feature relate to these? Or does it not and I just confused myself? Also, when I press the Info button on my remote once, I get something that says Info: Search Tool. What does this do? Does it have anything to do with the insert/append/ blah blah blah features? Oh yeah, I'm running the latest beta version of the software should that be helpful to know. Thanks.

#119305 - 03/10/2002 16:28 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: nikko]
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
search tool is just another info display mode. press search on the remote 3 times and then select mode and it will toggle between insert/replace/append/enqueue. keep pressing search at that point and it will switch between title, artist, genre, etc...

search for a song in insert will put the song you 'find' next in line to be played.

replace just tosses your current playlist and plays the song/playlist you 'find'

append i forget

enqueue just adds the song you 'find' at the end of your current playlist

#119306 - 03/10/2002 16:36 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: nikko]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
but I don't understand quite how to use the insert/replace/append/enqueue.

How could I re-word the FAQ to make it more clear? What part of this FAQ entry and this FAQ entry was giving you trouble?

Can I use my remote for these functions?

Both the remote and the front panel can be used when selecting from the playlists menu as described in this FAQ entry. You have to have the remote to operate the search screen and select its insertion modes this FAQ entry, though.

And how does the search feature relate to these?

You can use these four insertion modes with both playlist-menu selections and with search result selections. They behave the same way in both cases.

I get something that says Info: Search Tool

No, it says "Info: SEEK tool", not search tool. It's a way of using the rotary knob to fast-forward through a song file. It is not related to the searching features. I have not documented it in the FAQ yet because it keeps going through revisions in the beta, I'm waiting for it to settle down a bit. Read the release notes for beta 11 and beta 13 to get an idea of how it works.

#119307 - 03/10/2002 16:39 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: jets]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

append i forget

You've got those two backwards. Refer to the FAQ for details on how they work.

#119308 - 03/10/2002 16:54 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: tfabris]
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
In reply to:

In reply to:

append i forget

You've got those two backwards. Refer to the FAQ for details on how they work.

Heh. So you're saying he forgot what enqueue does, and does remember append? How do you know, really? Are you that good at reading minds?

Sorry. Language major. I love playing with words. (My folks say that when I was little, they were the only thinkg that WOULD play with me. Even the DOG wouldn't. Or was that GOD? I forgot, now.)

Me.

#119309 - 03/10/2002 16:55 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: foxtrot_xray]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

So you're saying he forgot what enqueue does, and does remember append?

Exactly.

His instructions for enqueue should have been for append. And enqueue is the hard one to understand, that's probably why he forgot it.

#119310 - 03/10/2002 16:58 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: tfabris]
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
i'm just gonna shut up from now on. i didn't know the seek tool did that though...

#119311 - 03/10/2002 21:30 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: jets]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

insert always inserts to the next track. So If you're playing A, and want to then play B, C, D in order, you have to search for D, then C, and finally B.
enqueue inserts the first result to the next track, and subsequent results to follow that track, thus letting you search for B, C, D in the order that you want them played back.

At least, that's how I understand it

#119312 - 03/10/2002 22:14 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: genixia]
kswish0
enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
is there a way to insert, append, etc. with the kenwood remote?

#119313 - 04/10/2002 09:25 Re: search/insert/replace/append/enqueue [Re: kswish0]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

is there a way to insert, append, etc. with the kenwood remote?

Yes, from the search screen.

For the playlists menu: The Kenwood remote does not support long-presses on its DNPP button, so you can't invoke the insert/append menu from the remote. You can still do a long-press of the bottom button on the faceplate, though, and that will work.