Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#153672 - 07/04/2003 10:31 Interrupt issue?
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Interesting.. Okay, here's the juicy bits:
My very first player was retuend to Support a year ago, because it would lock up on switching to 'Aux'. It was also very bad during disk reads (explained below). That player was devided to be replaced (I wonder where it is now..) The replaced player had the Aux issue fixed. However, it still has the disk-read problem.

Now, I got a new, backup player. I've been fiddling with the backup player, and it, unlike the first two, do NOT have the disk-read issue.

The 'disk-read' issue is as follows:
When the disk icon is like: the player is incredibly slow to respond to button presses, etc.
For example, the disk icon is like that, and you send it the 'skip ahead' command via http (using EmpegTray or the Web Interface), and the player does nothing. Once out of that HD mode, the player thinks you've been HOLDING THE BUTTON DOWN, so it starts fast-forwarding. Sometimes thru the entire song, sometimes just for a bit. In either case, you can 'abort' it by giving it another button-press, assuming that the HD icon didn't go back to the bright-middle setting.
Also, during this time, it does NOT want to listen to the remote-control. Sometimes the same thing happens, thinking you held the button down, other times it just dosn't see the button pres at all.

Ive tested both my players wuth the same software/remote, and got the results. The only difference between the two is that my 'backup' was made considerable before my 'in use' one (both still MK2a models, tho.), and the backup has a second HD added. (Although it was the same before the second drive - perfect.)

I'm not really complaining, they're both useable, I was just curious in the difference in design somewhere that anyone knows of?

Me.

#153673 - 07/04/2003 12:35 Re: Interrupt issue? [Re: foxtrot_xray]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The problem you're describing sounds like a known bug in one of the software builds. Have you tried putting 2.0 final onto the players that are exhibiting the symptoms?

What version of the software is on the player that's not exhibiting the symptoms?

#153674 - 07/04/2003 13:27 Re: Interrupt issue? [Re: tfabris]
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

The problem you're describing sounds like a known bug in one of the software builds. Have you tried putting 2.0 final onto the players that are exhibiting the symptoms?

What version of the software is on the player that's not exhibiting the symptoms?

Apologies, I thought I mentioned that. On both players this has happened, it was on 2.0b11, 2.0b13. (The player I replaced I can't say for 2.0final) but the replacemenbt player I have that had it still does it continues to do it on 2.0final.
The player it does NOT do it on didn't do it on 2.0b13 and 2.0final.
Does not matter if Hijack is installed or not.
(However, if hijack IS installed, sometimes when this happenes, hijack 'misses' interception of button presses. i.e. If you have the knob press to show Detail, when this is happeneing you press the know, more often or not you'll get sent into the 'Volumne', "Loudness", etc etc menus, instead of getting sent to Details.)

(Again, I'm not complaining. More curious that not. It IS aggravating sometimes when I want to see the Detail screen, and have to wiggle my way out of the Sound Adjust levels to get back to try it again.)

Oh, and another note. Since I don't have it installed in my auto yet, so far, AFAIK, this only happens in AC mode.

Me.

#153675 - 07/04/2003 14:42 Re: Interrupt issue? [Re: foxtrot_xray]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
This has been happening to me with 2.00 final, but seems to happen off and on. It was when I was connected via emplode (sending an odd command here and there to queue up a playlist) AND the web interface to control playback. Thought maybe I was just confusing the poor thing.