Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#156093 - 18/04/2003 12:22 Dreaded "No hard disk found" cable question
SumnerHayes
new poster

I'm getting the "No hard disk found" message. I'm planning to crack the case and see if there are any loose connections or anything. If there are not, is the cable a standard laptop IDE cable I could pick up locally tomorrow? Or do I really need to get a special cable through support? And where is support these days with SonicBlue in flux?

I've had the empeg sitting in the closet for a year but just got it out to install. Successfully synced with it a few times, adding songs and stuff, then moved it over to the stereo to try it out and got this message when I tried to bring it up. I didn't drop it or anything traumatic though.

Sumner

#156094 - 18/04/2003 12:28 Re: Dreaded "No hard disk found" cable question [Re: SumnerHayes]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If there are not, is the cable a standard laptop IDE cable I could pick up locally tomorrow?
Unfortunately, no. This has come up enough times that I'm going to beef up the FAQ on that subject now...