Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#156446 - 21/04/2003 16:57 empeg keeps playing after ignition turned off
nikko

I've noticed that there are times when I turn off my car, but my Empeg keeps playing. I don't mean for just a few seconds. Re-docking it takes care of the problem, but I don't always notice when it does this. This morning I got into my car and it was already playing before I put my key in the ignition. Meaning it had been going since last night. I'm worried about it draining the battery. Not sure if I really have a question other than is this a known issue? I'm running the latest beta. Perhaps that's the problem?

#156447 - 21/04/2003 17:03 Re: empeg keeps playing after ignition turned off [Re: nikko]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
This is a symptom of the player thinking it's on AC power. The next time this happens, go into the Settings menu and see if you've got Dimmer, Fader, etc. optoins. If not, then your player thinks it's on AC power. This could be due to a flaky AC adaptor, which I've personally had happen twice.

#156448 - 21/04/2003 17:11 Re: empeg keeps playing after ignition turned off [Re: nikko]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've noticed that there are times when I turn off my car, but my Empeg keeps playing.
Ynot is right, that could be the jack problem.

Also: What version of the software are you running? This was a known bug in Beta 11.

Also: Have you done a re-synch? There was another reported bug about needing a re-synch to get rid of a similar problem.

#156449 - 22/04/2003 07:47 Re: empeg keeps playing after ignition turned off [Re: nikko]
CyberGlitch
journeyman

Loc: VA, USA
Here recently I noticed this problem on mine as well. Only started once I upgraded to the new 2.0 Dev. I never noticed it because I always take the player out with me expect the otherday my wife stayed in the car while I got out and I took the keys with me she asked how my player stayed on. It remained on after turning the ignition off.

I'll try reapplying the image today to see if that helps. For me though it's not a big concern about draining the battery, its only in the car when I'm in the car.
Blue MK2 20 Gig #090000956 4796 Songs Available at all times.

#156450 - 22/04/2003 07:50 Re: empeg keeps playing after ignition turned off [Re: tfabris]
fusto
addict

Loc: Lummi Island, WA
weird...
Just last night my Dimmer option went away. (I dont get the contuned playing after turning off ignition though)
What causes this failure? Is it just from plugging and unplugging the ac plug?
I tried my other empeg in the car and the dimmer option is there, so it must just be this one.
Guess Ill contact support.
Bummer

#156451 - 22/04/2003 09:50 Re: empeg keeps playing after ignition turned off [Re: fusto]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What causes this failure? Is it just from plugging and unplugging the ac plug?
Not sure. I have plugged and unplugged my player several times a day for years and never had this problem. So it's not necessarily that.