Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#139884 - 04/02/2003 10:10 BBS and riocar.org suggestion
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Let me begin by saying that this BBS and the FAQ (along with the rest of riocar.org) is hands down the best resource for information about a commercial product that I have ever seen. It is very very well put together and the man-hours that are put into maintenence are appreciated by many.

I was thinking that it would be helpful if we had a single place where we could view all the 3rd party applications and hardware add-ons that exist for the Empeg. The downloads section of riocar.org would be the logical place for software, but it doesn't really fit for hardware stuff, and it doesn't list all of the software (for example gpsapp). Another thing is that some of the downloads there could become stale, like some of the kernels available.

Could we get this reorganized and updated? The downloads section could be renamed to Customize and reorganized into logical categories, like:

Customize
-----Hardware
----------pca's tuner kits
----------mlord's docking station
----------Darkstorm's docking station
----------Darkstorm's lenses
----------S/PDIF boards
----------illuminated buttons
-----Software
----------Empeg Software
---------------Hijack
---------------gpsapp
---------------empman
---------------charcoalgrey's web interface
----------Windows Applications
---------------Emplode
---------------Jemplode
---------------Logo Editor
----------Linux/Unix Applications
---------------Jemplode
---------------Solaris cross-compiler
----------PDA Applications
---------------PalmEmpeg

Then we could put two lines at the top of the BBS that would list all the must have's:

Customize Software: Hijack | Jemplode | gpsapp | Logo Editor | more software...
Customize Hardware: Tuner Kit | Facia | S/PDIF | Lenses | Buttons | more hardware...

Then the links to more software and more hardware would lead to the Customize section of riocar.org. This would allow a new user to be able to see all of the available stuff without having to dig through BBS posts.

#139885 - 04/02/2003 11:18 Re: BBS and riocar.org suggestion [Re: cushman]
drakino
carpal tunnel

The web links section could currently be used for the hardware with little or no change on the backend.

I really wish I had the time needed to constantly keep RioCar.org up to date, but from the begining I knew that wouldn't be possible. Thats why I went with the design I did. Any user can put information there. I feel it is the responsibility of the developer of the product to post the relevant information to RioCar.org if they want it to be widely known.

I do appreciate the past work of people like Sven, and the current maintaince by Loren and others. If anyone else wants to maintain a small section similar to Loren and the Hijack FAQ, let me know.

#139886 - 02/05/2003 10:43 Re: BBS and riocar.org suggestion [Re: drakino]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Drakino, I'll volunteer to maintain a 3rd party add-on section of riocar.org. PM me if you're interested.

I was thinking maybe we could combine it with this thread and make a master list.

#139887 - 04/06/2003 14:23 Re: BBS and riocar.org suggestion [Re: cushman]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Drakino, I'll volunteer to maintain a 3rd party add-on section of riocar.org. PM me if you're interested.
PM me with your username, real name, e-mail and a desired initial password for access to RioCar.org.

#139888 - 15/06/2003 12:06 Re: BBS and riocar.org suggestion [Re: cushman]
TheAmigo
enthusiast

I'm a bit of a stickler for organization... I wanted to upload the font I just did, but don't know which category to put it in.

While you're organizing, can you make a folder for fonts (or something else that would encompass fonts)?