Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#165852 - 15/06/2003 08:01 Fight Night: My Empeg vs. Emplode vs Jemplode
Satan_X
enthusiast

Loc: Ramsey, NJ
Ok, for a little while now, My Empeg and Emplode have not been getting along to well. All emplode will let me do is create playlists. No file copies, no m3u uploads. I accepted it as a little lovers spat and moved on. My empeg always seemed a little more lovin' twords Jemplode. Then it got weirder. Jemplode stopped letting me make playlists. I can copy files and m3u uploads, but no creation of playlists. After a few weeks I got sick of having to use 2 different apps back and forth to get anything done, so I did what any tech person would do. I formated the PC and started fresh. Same MF problem came back. I accepted my fate and continued on.........till last night. When I'm trying to import files in Jemplode, I'm getting a 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'.
I've reinstalled emplode and Jemplode about 5 times.
God hates me.

Versions:
EMPEG -> v2.00 final
PC ->
Windows XP SP1
Emplode v2.00 final
Jemplode v45 (I cant figure out why I have ver 45, I thought that v44 was the last release but apparently my net connection violates time and space.)

All misspellings are my own and intentional. No corrections please.

#165853 - 15/06/2003 20:48 Re: Fight Night: My Empeg vs. Emplode vs Jemplode [Re: Satan_X]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
When you say "it won't let me create playlists" or "it won't let me add files", can you give exact details of what you are trying to create, what you are clicking on and typing to do this, and exactly what error it says on the screen?

#165854 - 21/06/2003 09:11 Re: Fight Night: My Empeg vs. Emplode vs Jemplode [Re: tfabris]
Satan_X
enthusiast

Loc: Ramsey, NJ
I haven't had the chance to reply back to this, I work too damn much.

When I say 'It wont let me create playlists' in JEmplode, I'm talking about creating folders (example: I sort by Artist then by album, So I would create a folder called 'Pink Floyd' and drag an m3u file of a Pink Floyd album into that folder to copy a pink floyd album up). JEmplode will only let me drag files into it, not create directories. Emplode is the opposite, I can rename, add & delete playlists and sync them up, but I cannot drag & drop ANY files (.m3u, .mp3, .wav....)

As for the error, thats all it says 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'

#165855 - 21/06/2003 10:12 Re: Fight Night: My Empeg vs. Emplode vs Jemplode [Re: Satan_X]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
1) How many tunes are on your Empeg?

2) When you say jEmplode won't let you create directories, what is currently selected when you attempt this and what are the exact steps you're following to attempt to create playlists?

3) When it says OutOfMemoryError, is there any other information provided or just that one sentence?

Also -- 45 is the latest installer version. 44 was the last unofficial release. Unfortunately the autoupdating is screwed up with these releases because you can't actually autoupdate 44 to 45. After I finish the project I'm working on, I'll be back to jEmplode and I can work on some of these issues ... Hopefully it will only be a couple more weeks on this project.

ms

#165856 - 21/06/2003 11:27 Re: Fight Night: My Empeg vs. Emplode vs Jemplode [Re: Satan_X]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Emplode is the opposite, I can rename, add & delete playlists and sync them up, but I cannot drag & drop ANY files (.m3u, .mp3, .wav....)
That's very unusual. I don't see how that could be the case unless there was something extremely wrong with your Windows installation. If emplode itself works, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to drag files from Explorer onto it. That's strange.

Again, be more specific: Exactly where on the screen are you clicking and dragging from (including the name of the program you're dragging from if it's something other than Windows Exlporer). Exactly where on the screen are you clicking and dragging to? Exactly what is the file name that you are dragging? Exactly what happens when you do this? Is it simply that nothing new appears on the emplode screen or does it throw an error message?

Also, does the "Edit/New Tune" feature work, or is it just drags and drops that don't work?