Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#187229 - 29/10/2003 13:30 Empeg stolen!
asmussen
new poster

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Hi, all!

I've been a lurker around here for years, ever since I got my Mk II. I'm registering today, because my car was broken into, and my stereo equipment stolen. It's a long shot to be sure, but I thought I'd throw my serial number out there in case anybody picking up one on ebay or something happens to run across it. My insurance should cover the bulk of my loss, but I'd love to be able to tell the police where my empeg ended up in case there is a chance of finding the people that broke into my vehicle... The serial number off of my riocar was 010101315.

#187230 - 29/10/2003 15:46 Re: Empeg stolen! [Re: asmussen]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi! Welcome to the friendliest support group on the net!

The bad news is there's not much hope of ever seeing the empeg again. If you were really determined, you might like to have a look in the various bins and alleyways near where your car got ripped; as far as I've seen on this board thieves usually throw the empeg away because they can't recognise it and fence it easily. I've never heard of an empeg turning up on the grey market and being traced back to the owner, but I have heard of a few people who found the empeg dumped on the street or in a garbage can nearby.

Good luck with your enquiries - hopefully the police have recovered it. And if you should ever get another empeg, you'll know not to leave it in the car...

Good luck,

Paul

#187231 - 29/10/2003 16:24 Re: Empeg stolen! [Re: PaulWay]
asmussen
new poster

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, I used to take it out, but as the years went on I got lazy. I originally bought my riocar when they were expensive, but fortunately I bought a spare when they slashed the price right before they dropped the line. I don't harbor any illusions about the chances of my finding out where it ends up, but I thought I'd take a shot in the dark anyway. I'm not particularly worried about getting it back (although I will take a peek in the dumpsters around my apartment), since my insurance is paying for the loss, and I have a spare to install. However, on the crazy off chance that I CAN locate it, it would be nice to catch the guys that broke into my car and ripped up my dash.

#187232 - 29/10/2003 16:38 Re: Empeg stolen! [Re: PaulWay]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
A few stolen players have shown up by one means or another.. but they were all players obtained by fraud from empeg, not taken from cars. Nonetheless I will record this serial number just in case.

Rob

#187233 - 29/10/2003 18:23 Re: Empeg stolen! [Re: rob]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Now there's a couple of juicy stories in that! Any details you'd like to entertain us with, Rob? Or is this too sordid to relate?

Sorry, sorry, just curious,

Paul

#187234 - 30/10/2003 08:47 Re: Empeg stolen! [Re: PaulWay]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Maybe one day