Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#283546 - 20/06/2006 07:08 anyway to automate playlist restructure?
nikko

On my network drive, I have my music organized by Album, rather than artist. That is to say, I don't have a U2 folder with subfolders called Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree. I have a U2 - Achtung Baby folder and a U2 - Joshua Tree folder.

I like this file structure for my computer drive, but it's not what I want on the Empeg. For the Empeg, I'd prefer the more common structure with an artist folder/playlist with album folders/playlists beneath that.

Of course, what I happens now if I drag an album into Emplode is that I end up with a playlist called U2 - Achtung Baby or Beatles - Revolver or whatever.

Is there anyway to have it automatically rename/organize the playlist structure? In other words, is there a program or tweak or something to make is so that when I drag a folder to emplode, it will create an artist playlist with album playlists beneath?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

#283547 - 20/06/2006 10:55 Re: anyway to automate playlist restructure? [Re: nikko]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Quote:
For the Empeg, I'd prefer the more common structure with an artist folder/playlist with album folders/playlists beneath that.

jEmplode has soup views, which allow you to create automatically updated playlists based upon any criteria you want. You can see how I do my soup views in this post and some more information here on the behavior of soups. Experiment, you'll figure it out.

#283548 - 20/06/2006 13:44 Re: anyway to automate playlist restructure? [Re: nikko]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Another option (though soup views are probably the best) is to use mp3tagstudio to move them into the directory structure you would like. You'll need to have room for a seccond copy on your PC, or use tag studio to put them back how they were once you're done uploading.

Matthew

#283549 - 20/06/2006 15:35 Re: anyway to automate playlist restructure? [Re: matthew_k]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
use mp3tagstudio to move them into the directory structure you would like

After making sure their tags are all correct first, of course. But if the files are all named correctly and consistently, then MP3 Tag Studio can write those to the tags first.

Me? I'd just skip the whole idea of having the PC and the empeg organized in two different ways. I'd just structure them the same way then I could just do this.