Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#1073 - 28/12/1999 17:41 Help With Ordering a second hard drive
BasicGuy
stranger

Hi I've tried Empeg offical US tech number for priceing on adding a hard drive
they had no clue. I also tried emailing empeg but got no reply. More than likely
my internet company blocks there email because of what was talked about earlier
in this form.

So If someone from empeg would reply here to my question that would be great.

1. How much is the price to add a 6 gig? 10 gig?
2. How do I go about sending in my empeg to your Us tech offices(just send it,Call first)?
3. whats the turn around on adding a new hard drive?(a couple days,a few weeks)

Thanks in advance,
Brad Graff
[email protected]

#1074 - 28/12/1999 18:58 Re: Help With Ordering a second hard drive [Re: BasicGuy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

I don't know what was "talked about earlier in this forum", but I can't imagine why an internet provider would block mail from Empeg.com?

More likely, you didn't get a reply when you e-mailed Empeg because they're taking a holiday between Christmas and New Year's or something. Rob has always been really good about replying quickly to e-mails, so if he hasn't replied, it's probably because he's just not there right now. You'll get a reply soon.

#1075 - 28/12/1999 19:04 Re: Help With Ordering a second hard drive [Re: BasicGuy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

Oh, one more thing. If you're reasonably good with this sort of thing, you can get any hard drive you like and install it yourself. You don't need Empeg's involvement. Instructions can be found at http://www.dmoore.com/empeg.htm.

#1076 - 29/12/1999 06:35 Re: Help With Ordering a second hard drive [Re: BasicGuy]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK

Email from empeg is nolonger affected by the ORBS anti-spam system, as we now operate our own mail server (rather than using our ISP's smarthost). I'll have a look for your email when I go in later - we have a bit of a backlog as both Monday and Tuesday were public holidays in the UK.

Turn around on hard drives should be same-day, depending on the current stock situation in the US. If they have a backlog we can do the work in the UK instead, as the shipping costs about the same (we get a huge discount from FedEx due to volume, whereas our US office don't) and takes the same time.

Rob

#1077 - 30/12/1999 20:37 Re: Help With Ordering a second hard drive [Re: rob]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Yes, Rob.... but the PRICE????

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#1078 - 30/12/1999 22:21 Re: Help With Ordering a second hard drive [Re: tanstaafl.]
BasicGuy
stranger

I just read robs post today and was going to ask that question.
but you beat me to the punch.

Thanks,
Brad

#1079 - 03/01/2000 03:51 Re: Help With Ordering a second hard drive [Re: tanstaafl.]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
> Yes, Rob.... but the PRICE????

I don't know, I don't memorise absolutely everything :-) When I was last in work I'm pretty sure I replied to his email so he should have the pricing now.

When I'm next in (probably today, even though it's a public holiday *sigh*) I'll dig out the pricing and post it here.

Rob