Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#2544 - 24/04/2000 13:30 Steering Wheel (or other...) Remote Control
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I have followed the posts on alternatives to controlling the empeg with considerable interest (Big John's Sony; the Kenwood steering wheel remote; the Peugeot stalk, and most especially Voice Control) and the other day at the stereo shop I go to, there was an advertisement on the counter for these people: http://www.go2pac.com/news.htm

Is this gadget something that would tie in with the empeg or one of the alternative controllers? It looks to me like it might open up some interesting options.

Also on that same web page is a device that might fix the shut-off noise problem that some users are experiencing.

Finally, what are the people with that website doing to make their web page load lightning fast, at least on my connection. It is instantaneous.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#2545 - 24/04/2000 14:36 Re: Steering Wheel (or other...) Remote Control [Re: tanstaafl.]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Looks like a really sweet gadget, Doug. Thanks for the link. These are the people who make the "Bass Blockers" as I recall, right?

They seem to have several models, pre-wired for the existing steering-wheel remotes on popular cars. I didn't see Peugot mentioned, though. Since it turns the button presses into learned-IR signals, it would need to place an IR transmitter shining towards the radio somewhere, but that's probably not a big deal.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see a price for that product on their page.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#2546 - 26/04/2000 17:19 Re: Steering Wheel (or other...) Remote Control [Re: tfabris]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Unfortunately, I couldn't see a price for that product on their page.

I got an e-mail from them today...

"The price on the PAC-SWI2 - PAC-SWI6 are 59.99. The PAC-TR4 are 14.95. If you have any more
questions, please feel free to email us back. You may also call us @ 800-375-2927 from 9-5 pst Monday -
Friday. "

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"