Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#13099 - 08/08/2000 10:02 Which color is easiest to see in direct sunlight?
gorus
new poster

Hi
While I'm waiting for my queue number to come up, I'm getting everything in my car ready for the installation. One question I had to the current owners is, which display color, out of the 4, is the easiest to see on a bright sunny day? I don't really care about it matching my dash; I just want the brightest and easiest to see. Thanks!

#13100 - 08/08/2000 10:10 Re: Which color is easiest to see in direct sunlight? [Re: gorus]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
OK, OK - Dionysus, this one definitely falls in FAQ!

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#13101 - 08/08/2000 10:29 Re: Which color is easiest to see in direct sunlight? [Re: schofiel]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
In other words, green is supposedly the display with the highest contrast. Whether or not it shows up well in direct sunlight is an issue for all the colors, but I'm not sure if what color you have determines how well it does in the sun.

DiGNAN

#13102 - 08/08/2000 13:11 Re: Which color is easiest to see in direct sunlight? [Re: Dignan]
Kureg

In reply to:

In other words, green is supposedly the display with the highest contrast. Whether or not it shows up well in direct sunlight is an issue for all the colors, but I'm not sure if what color you have determines how well it does in the sun.

Also, empeg is currently experimenting with anti-reflective coatings for the coloured plate to help with the glare, but it looks as if it will cost extra to get your existing plate replaced.

See this, but I think I recall seeing something newer somewhere.

Kureg

#13103 - 08/08/2000 14:12 Re: Which color is easiest to see in direct sunlight? [Re: gorus]
ClemsonJeep
enthusiast

Loc: Ashburn, VA
While I'm waiting for my queue number to come up, I'm getting everything in my car ready for the installation. One question I had to the current owners is, which display color, out of the 4, is the easiest to see on a bright sunny day? I don't really care about it matching my dash; I just want the brightest and easiest to see. Thanks!

My MK1 was a blue screen version. I drive a Jeep, quite often with the top and doors off, which lets a lot of light in during the day. I normally could barely see the screen on my MK1 and had to cup my hands over the display to read the display in direct sunlight.

I have a green screen with my MK2 and have noticed no problems with direct sunlight. It offers the most contrast from what I've heard. In direct sunlight you can still easily read the display.

(O|||||O)

#13104 - 10/08/2000 09:21 Re: Which color is easiest to see in direct sunlight? [Re: ClemsonJeep]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
I'm a bit worried about the viewability in sunlight. I want to get an amber or red display to match my instrumentation but in practical terms, no one will be able to see the display. Shucks.

Calvin