Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19564 - 05/10/2000 20:49 OT? private gnutella circle
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Donning fireproof typing gloves...

Anybody interested in a private gnutella circle? I don't know too many gnutella clients, but I know of at least one where this is possible. Contact me privately and we can exchange addresses.

(Ok you can flame me if you want, but I don't really want to get into an ethics debate at all, just want to know if there are other people that want to do this. If this is not a cool place to post this for whatever reasons for the legal good of empeg (empeg employees please let me know on that), I will remove the post.)

-Zeke

Currently ducking...

just say you weren't paying much attention...

#19565 - 06/10/2000 18:18 Re: OT? private gnutella circle [Re: Ezekiel]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
I don't have a problem with this. I see this as "trading with friends", whereas Napster is further down the scale toward "grabbing music you'll never pay for". Trading with friends and relatives is specifically allowed under the Audio Home Recording Act in the USA, which is one of the cases the Napster lawyers are putting. But I think it should be done a bit quietly - we don't want it to be come too public a group.

That's just my opinion, of course.

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#19566 - 06/10/2000 23:16 Re: OT? private gnutella circle [Re: PaulWay]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Paul,
Thanks for weighing in. We have succeeded in linking three of us so far.

If any one else is interested contact me privately with your email address and I can forward the pertinent details. It wasn't too hard.

-Zeke

just say you weren't paying much attention...