Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#24437 - 08/01/2001 17:00 New Logo Editor
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have released a new 1.4 version of my Empeg Logo Editor. There is only one minor change which takes into account something new in the 1.02 empeg player kernel. If you haven't upgraded your player to 1.02 yet, then don't bother with the new Logo Editor.

#24438 - 09/01/2001 05:13 Re: New Logo Editor [Re: tfabris]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Excellent as ever Tony, I was just digging out the hex editor so I could find out what the Rio logo looked like on the player.

The answer is that it doesn't really work very well, because it is all the same flat shade (so it highlights the banding on the screen).

But, I now have a Rio Car, serial number 47...
(it even says so in the about box on the player)

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#24439 - 09/01/2001 10:33 Re: New Logo Editor [Re: andy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

The answer is that it doesn't really work very well, because it is all the same flat shade (so it highlights the banding on the screen).

That's odd, it looks fine on my player, just as good as the Empeg logo. Can you describe in more detail what the problem is you're experiencing?

#24440 - 09/01/2001 11:35 Re: New Logo Editor [Re: tfabris]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
It's not a problem with the player as such. The Rio logo looked exactly as I expected it too.

The problem is that because the Rio logo is all one shade it highlights the fact that the empeg display has inherant banding. I think my display probably has more banding than most, from the comments on the quality of displays we have seen on the bbs.

The empeg logo does not suffer from this because it does not have any large blocks of a single shade.

I have reverted back to and empeg car...

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#24441 - 09/01/2001 11:48 Re: New Logo Editor [Re: andy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

The only reason I'm confused is because, on my player, the Rio logo and the Empeg logo have pretty much the same amount of solid color in a given letter, and I can see the display's inherent banding just as easily in either case. I thought that maybe somehow your Rio logo was displaying in a reversed-out video mode or something.