Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#30181 - 25/04/2001 09:53 transfer between empeg and creative 6gb player
silvercas

what is the easiest way to transfer music from the empeg to the creative 6gb player?

#30182 - 25/04/2001 10:01 Re: transfer between empeg and creative 6gb player [Re: silvercas]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
what is the easiest way to transfer music from the empeg to the creative 6gb player?

1) When you first buy the Empeg, send the files from your PC to your Empeg (as you have probably already done).

2) Do not delete the files from your PC.

3) Send the files from your PC to your Creative player.

I'm guessing, though, that step 2 is what's giving you trouble.

There's no way to directly transfer the files between the two brands of player. And I wouldn't count on anyone writing one any time soon, for the reasons outlined in this FAQ.

But, as outlined in the same FAQ, there are hacks that can allow you to grab the files off the player, if you're willing to mess with its installed software. You would copy them from the empeg to the PC, then send them to the Creative player from the PC. You need 6gb free to get the job done.

#30183 - 25/04/2001 10:05 Re: transfer between empeg and creative 6gb player [Re: silvercas]
fvgestel
old hand

Loc: Netherlands
the easiest and fastest way is to remove the disk from the empeg and put it in the creative player
I don't think you can play the songs, but you surely transferred them
For other solutions, look in the technical/programming forums

Frank van Gestel

#30184 - 25/04/2001 10:20 Re: transfer between empeg and creative 6gb player [Re: fvgestel]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
More specifically, look in the Programming section of the BBS for Frank's thread called 'Backup (again)' ... to see the kick-a$$ program he wrote last weekend! Thanks again Frank!

32GB (JUST UPGRADED!) Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com