Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#31246 - 17/05/2001 10:59 MP3 Summit Awards
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before (I couldn't find it in a search), and I' not trying to start a debate or anything, but I saw this on the phatnoise website:

"The PhatNoise Car Audio System took "Best Overall Product" and "Best Car System" at the MP3 Summit 2000 hosted by mp3.com."

This is just out of curiosity. I was wondering what the decisive factors in awarding their product over the empeg were. I'm guessing the price level and therefore accesability for the public were the biggest concerns.

empeg was at this summit, weren't they?

Again, I'm sorry if this is rehashing an old topic, but I didn't catch another discussion of it.

DiGNAN
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, etc.

#31247 - 17/05/2001 16:47 Re: MP3 Summit Awards [Re: Dignan]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
I don't know how the judging happened, we were never contacted. ISTR that the awards were worked out before the summit actually started, so I'm not sure what process was used; it's quite common for awards in small industry shows to be fairly arbitrary - we got a "best new gadget" award from linuxworld, which we strongly suspect was a category they just made up because they felt like giving us an award :)

Hugo

#31248 - 18/05/2001 04:21 Re: MP3 Summit Awards [Re: altman]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
But it still looks nice in the trophy case and on the web site...

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB Green)