Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#32611 - 12/06/2001 22:21 SonicBlue cutbacks
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Youch, just saw on the local news that SonicBlue is going to be cutting 30% of it's employees (i think they said that amounted to 130 something jobs??) in hopes that they will be able to turn a profit by next year. Me no likey.

|| loren.cox ||

#32612 - 13/06/2001 02:57 Re: SonicBlue cutbacks [Re: loren]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I'm pleased to say that we have not lost anyone from Cambridge. In fact, a new team member joined us on Monday and we have an intern joining us for twelve months from July.

Sadly we have lost Tim (BBS name "time") our car player project manager. Tim is as enthusiastic about our product as anyone could be, and will be missed at work - but not, I'm please to say, by the empeg community because he has promised to continue his participation here on the BBS.

The car project itself will not lose focus because the automotive product line is now the responsibility of Steve Sanders, co-founder of empeg. We also have a new project manager who I will introduce after I've met him.

Rob

#32613 - 13/06/2001 09:25 Re: SonicBlue cutbacks [Re: rob]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Not Tim!! That sucks man... he was a good guy. When i met him at the meet here in CA, he gave me reason to believe in SonicBlue's commitment to the empeg. Sorry to hear he's not on the team anylonger, but it'll be great if he sticks around here on the board.

It sounds like SonicBlue is betting big on the empeg crew's new "secret" project. Here's to hoping it all pans out.

Rob, thanks for keeping us updated!

|| loren.cox ||

#32614 - 13/06/2001 13:29 Re: SonicBlue cutbacks [Re: rob]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
Steve Sanders, wasn't that the blond dude on Beverly Hills 90something ?

He prolly has heard that one a lot.
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431