Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#33163 - 22/06/2001 14:23 Audiorequest ARQ
dewdman42

I just thought I'd let you guys know that I bought an Audiorequest ARQ-1 to compliment my Empeg. After loading up a bunch of songs and hitting play...I just want to say that I'm pretty darn underwhelmed by the sound quality. The Empeg has such better sound. Warmer sound. The ARQ is brighter...but thinner and harsher sounding. Probably a cheaper D/A converter... Anyway, it does have some cool features for a home unit...but I will probably try to sell it...

Empeg wins again. I just with there was a way to hook my Empeg up to my TV set at home and use a remote to navigate a TV screen full featured interface..the way the ARQ does. This would be very cool...

#33164 - 22/06/2001 14:49 Re: Audiorequest ARQ [Re: dewdman42]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
I have a horrible feeling that you might of jumped the gun from some of the posts flying around about the new empeg product

#33165 - 22/06/2001 15:27 Re: Audiorequest ARQ [Re: thinfourth2]
dewdman42

Well yes and no. I bought a factory refurbished one, which was pretty inexpensive. And until ANYTHING from RIO or Empeg or anyone is actually reality...what's the point of waiting. I want my MP3 now.