First of all, I'd like to introduce myself.. I signed up on the original registration list for the Mk1 empeg, and I think I was around #900.. unfortuantely, we never got there Years later I asked about it, and I was suddenly much higher on the list.. I think my name got lost somehow. No big loss, I couldn't afford an empeg at the time. Just recently I checked on prices again. I wasn't too keen on paying $1000+ for something without a cd player in it, but when I saw the 30gb model was only $399 in the US store I snapped one up instantly! That way today, Jan 28. Shipping is paused between Jan 25 and Jan 30.. I hope they don't get to shipping day on Jan 30 and find out they took more orders than they can fill!

Anyway, I got a blue one because that's all that's available. I have a 95 BMW M3, and want to match displays.. is the amber screen basically a perfect match, or is it not all that close? If it's not all that close, perhaps I can root around the local theatre supply store and find a gel that matches better?

Secondly, I saw Rob saying something about the US store selling accessories starting on the 30th of January.. well, they already sell accessories, but only remotes and AC adaptors, because the other stuff is sold out. Does this mean colored displays and radio tuners will be sold in the US store again in a few days? Cool. Either way, I need to get a matching display some day, and hope to get the tuner as well. That's my other question -- does the tuner integrate with the empeg display and everything?

Oh well, thanks for the info.. I cannot WAIT for my empeg.. this has been four years of anticipation for me.. I'm so excited!

- reid