I had my empeg stolen yesterday. I left it in the dash of my car outside my apartment. I normally keep the doors on my car locked, but I apparently forgot to lock them back after getting my laundry. A few hours later, when I came back to get the rest of the stuff out of my car (including my empeg), I discovered that someone had stolen it and two CD cases containing approximately 100 computer games. I doubt the police are going to do anything about this, so I want to go to the local pawn shops, etc.

I can't do a whole lot to recover it on my own without a serial number though. Apparently, I lost the list that I had it written down on, and I believe the box it came in is gone. Is there any way I could get the serial number from sonicblue?

I ordered Rio Car 20 GB Blue Screen 495156293812 from sonicblue's website Dec. 27, 2001
Customer number: 20745338
Order number: 42181869

The poor Indian chap I talked to on the phone (sales) didn't have the slightest clue how to go about finding a serial number. I got disconnected from the guy I talked to in technical support before he could give me an answer. I just racked up 2 hours in cell phone minutes and went nowhere.

If anyone has any advice, I would be most appreciative.

-Biscuits

BTW, your flashing "Read the FAQ" ad is giving me a headache.