At another forum that I frequent a guy started a thread asking for a cd/mp3 player. Another guy popped in and said that he had a busted empeg that he'd unload for $200. I hopped in and said that I'd take it if teh other guy passed. He did.

The guy selling the empeg said that it had some i2c errors and that's why he was selling it. He unboxed it, loaded it up with music and then went to install it in his dash. He found out he'd have to cut some supports and braces and then hack in some crappy looking adapter for the dash so he boxed it and let it sit. When he unboxed it a few weeks ago it had this error.

He must have tried flashing the newest hijack kernel on it since it had one of teh newer hijack logos on it at boot. I loaded the developers release of 2.13 on it and then threw the newest hijack on there too. Currently uploading some music to it.

Wooohoooo! If it would fit in my wife's car I'd install it in a second but since it won't, I think I'll likely use it in my car until mine gets back from repair. Then I'll upgrade the drives and sell the thing on ebay. How much do you think I could get for a never installed unit with 2 60 GB drives and all the accessories?

Now excuse me while I go dance a silly dance at the delight over the best $200 I ever spent!