Gentlemen,

Long time no visit! My Empeg has been humming along nicely for 6, maybe 7 years now? (Damn, has it been this long?)

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new car, and the old one is going to hit up the trade-in pile for the dealership. I need to get the empeg sled out of the dash and keep it in one piece, as I may use it as a home entertainment unit, or she might make it up here or eBay to got to a new home.

I know this is sacrilege, but can anyone provide any tips or tricks for gently removing the sled (and tuner unit) from the car? (I didn't install the units myself, so I'm not familiar with it all).

I see the metal tabs pushed downward to hold the unit in place, so I figure they need to get pried back up, and if my installer was smart, they will have properly used the wiring harness to keep things nice and clean inside the dash.

Then comes the trouble of shoving the factory radio back in - hopefully that's reasonable as well.

Thanks for the assistance - it's painful to have to pry this thing out of the car, as I've gotten (and CONTINUE to get) good use out of the Empeg... such a great purchase...

Thanks,
-Greg

(it's a '99 VW Passat that I am yanking it out of, fyi)