Hi... I've searched the past posts and can't find any reference to this. I have purchased many MP3s from eMusic.com. While the bit rate leaves much to be desired (128k) some of these tracks are not available else where... They play fine in Winamp... on my Nomad II MG... just about anything else, except the Empeg.

On the Empeg, the right channel "warbles", and occasionally screeches. I feared this might be the dreaded bad RAM, but this only happens with eMusic's MP3s. I have decoded/recoded some tracks (I know... bad bad) and this fixes the right channel problem...

My question is why is the Empeg more sensitive to whatever flaw exists in these MP3s? Does anyone know exactly what this flaw is? I would like to find out so I can tell eMusic when I complain about the low bitrate.

Also... what do you guys recommend I use to fix these files? I tried MP3-Tag Studio to no avail. Does anyone know of a good batch decoder/encoder? I use EAC and LAME to rip my CDs. Anyone know of a safe, high quality way to use these in batch mode... possibly minimizing any degradation?

Please help me, Empeg BBS... you're my only hope.

Brian H. Johnson
MK2 36GB Blue
"Born to Lose..."