Hi all!

I have a question : are there any other empeg products in the pipeline?
I ask this for the following reason. Yesterday I went out looking for a new car. Tried BMW first. The first thing I saw was : mmm...no din slot anymore. All the audio was built-in in the dash. So I asked the salesperson if that stuff could be removed and if a din slot could be placed there instead. He looked at me as if I came from aother planet. (like hey : we've finally got ahead in creating a nice integrated dash and this guy wants it back old school style).
Hmmm....I didn't think much about it anymore, because there were a few other car models out there that I liked too (yes, the sale of a new car will depend of wether it hosts a din slot or not - preferably even two, but I won't rock the boat), so I want to the alfa-romeo dealer. Guess what? Same scenario. Peugeot? Same. Damn!

While the transer to integrated in-dash audio is a good one in the sense of anti-theft, it sucks for the audioholic. You can't tune your car into a great looking soundstation anymore. The way I see it, that's a turn for the worse, not better.

I see this evolution happening to most (European ?) car brands, so here's my question : has Empeg thought about this? Without a din slot, there can't be an Empeg. I'd have to go about it the Phatnoise or Neo35 way (or even - god forbid - the FM modulator way), but I would really like an Empeg because of it's features (like a search function - very handy when you've got over 6000 tracks in numerous folders on the player)

Any thoughts?