Well, I got my RioCAR installed, and it sounds and looks great! (especially compared to my old NEO35). A couple of features that existed in the NEO would be nice to have.. just wondering if they are possible, or if anyone has written hacks for them:

- remembering where you are in the playlist: every time i hit the playlist button, it takes me to the top of the directory tree. is there any way to get it to pick off at the last point i navigated to?

- similarly, whenever you hit "enter" (down button) in any menu, it takes you back to the top menu, can this be stopped?

- is there a way to speed up scrolling through directory items. on my NEO, if i held the scroll key pressed, after a few seconds, all the directory items would start flying. this would let me get to a general area real quick, and then slow down to select the playlist i wanted.

- The total time on my mp3s are displayed incorrectly (usually too large). This was also a problem on the NEO, but they fixed it in their firmware. I know there's issued with the total time when using VBR, but is this something that anyone has been able to solve for the RIO?

- finally, just wondering what solutions people have come up with to sync the RIO with their computer. My "master" mp3s are on my desktop (windows 2000), and i would like to "sync" deltas to the RIO. Since my old NEO showed up as a hard drive, I actually used the "my briefcase" feature of Windows to keep the files synced. Since EMPLODE doesnt do the trick, is there any other solution? It would be great to be able to mount the RIO as a virtual drive. If not, I saw that Hijack provides an FTP server. Has anyone used this to keep their files synced?

Im having too much fun with this thing!! Thanks in advance,
-Ted