My 30GB unit arrived today. When I took it out of the box I noticed that one of the tabs on the top plate wasn't seated underneath the main chassis - it was resting on top instead, and causing undue friction between the player and the sled.
The facia appeared to be a bit loose on the left side too.

For a while, I'm cursing the inspection team, and considering returning the unit for a replacement but just can't be bothered to deal with the delays, and being a practical person in nature, returning the unit over something that trivial wouldn't be me.

So I hunt down a screwdriver and allen key and go to work on the unit. I figured that I was going to open the unit at some point to drool anyway - I just wasn't expecting it to be the first day.

Easily enough I take the facia and top plate off. Not a lot to be seen really, it's all hidden by the 2 drives. Never mind, I put the plate back on, put the front back on and tighten the hex screws. Job done.

I then spent the rest of the day upgrading the kernel, downloading the latest Emplode and installing a load of music on it. It rocks!

Hang on a sec.....2 drives????? I thought that the 30GB unit only had one drive. Well, the box label says 30GB, the serial number on the box matched that on the unit, but sure enough, it's a 60 Gigger!

Result