I was getting out of my car after a long day of work today and my Empeg didn't want to come loose. I couldn't figure out what it was, and I had no recourse except to gently but firmly pull it out... It turns out the car connector (the one attached to the Empeg) had come loose. Both screws had fallen off. I actually managed to find one in my passenger seat, but the other had probably been hanging on by a thread and is now somewhere in my dash.

Anyway, I reattached it with the other screw and luckily I didn't yank any wires loose while pulling it out of the dash (I don't know what was holding the wires while I was pulling it out of the dash, but it sure wasn't the connector.)

My questions are:
1. Is it safe to just have one screw attached? I reattached it and tried my Empeg out to make sure it was okay, and the connector seemed to stay on okay, even though just one screw was holding it.
2. I have my trusty old Mk2 in my closet. Are the screws the exact same part between the Mk2 and Mk2a? If so I'll take one off of my Mk2.
3. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a pretty rare occurrence? I know the docking connector is supposed to be generally loose, but I assumed the screws themselves were mounted tightly. I don't think I use that much force when inserting/removing my Empeg, so I'm wondering why this might have happened.

Thanks. I'll be emailing David now to ask for some replacement screws.