Hello,

I'm having problems with Empeg Support.
In the end of December my brother's tuner module stoped functioning in FM Band, but still works well with AM band.
On January 14th of 2003 I sent an e-mail to [email protected] as I did in other ocasions and David Moss ([email protected]) was a very kind guy as usual. He told me 2 days later that It sounds like an faulty opamp, or a dry solder joint on one, and he needs to bring It in to service.
He also told me that Car support has passed to Rob Schofield and he'll contact me to arrange a repair. Note that the unit was under one year warranty until February.

I didn't recive any kind of contact from Rob and send another e-mail to David on 01/24/2003 asking about this issue. He answered me 2 days later and apologised for the delay with support and said to me: "Rob has been having some problems and is still catching up". I still didn't recive any response from Rob and on February 19th I sent another e-mail to David asking him how could I send the tuner to repair. As I didn't recive any response from David or Rob, I resent the e-mail on march 7th.

Finally I got a response from Rob on March 18th asking me some things about the problem and telling me that he recived 25 players for repair in just six weeks and that is the origin of the delay.
I saw the message and answered It on 26/03/03 with the information he asked me and told Rob about David's conclusion (I need to send the unit to repair). He answered me in 04/03/2003 and he agreed with David's opinions. Definitelly I'll need to send the tuner to repair.
On 04/07/2003 I answered Rob's questions about when I got the unit and etc. After all that I don't have any kind of response
from Rob or Empeg Support until now and I resent the e-mail a
couple times more.

Last week I had another problem: my main unit faded out half of It's display and I think I need to substitute the VFD. I sent another e-mail to Rob asking about the tuner problem and my player VFD problem, but If the stuffs continues like that, I don't think I'll recive any answer from Rob or Empeg support.

Are anyone having similar problems with Empeg Support? Until December 2002 I did'nt have any problems with them and I always heard great things about Empeg Support.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks,

Marcelo Gomes

Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.